COVID-19 is completely disrupting supply chains
SCM resources are constrained, production and transportation are experiencing massive swings, and the very nature of supply chain relationships are stressed. Very few of us have experienced or managed challenges of this magnitude.
One thing that is certain. Business IS NOT, and for the foreseeable future, WILL NOT be usual. Supply Chains are at the center of the problem and will be central to the solution. Information to help with SCM decision making is hard to come by and is not always accurate…yet accurate information has never been more crucial.
How we can help: We can add efficiencies to your day-to-day life through systems you already have in place. To get started, we recommend taking the following series of actions.
Here’s what to do:
- Ensure your process for managing inventory is as easy and efficient as possible
- Fully set up COS’s “where to work” tools, dashboards, and alerts.
- Add significant efficiency and speed to the collection of cycle count data
- ROBi – An extremely powerful AMR tool for companies that need cycle counts and inventories conducted on a periodic or frequent basis.
- SmartPALLET – Use this on your existing forklifts to perform full asset inventory with a wide-angle lens.
- Streamline or automate lane assignments
- Using the FastLane tool, your lane assignment management process can be nearly seamless.
- Or leverage APIs, with minimal data requirements, to make this process autonomous.
- Automate the collection of part-level data at production milestone / pay points throughout the production process without the need to scan individual parts.
- Connect part-level data to the container RFID label to create a master label – reducing hundreds of scans! See the image below.
If you need our help, as we all work to save the supply chain, please reach out today – our staff continues to be fully available and ready to offer support.
Get Started Today!